Sunday, August 22, 2010

This Movie Is McCheesy

This is actually about a movie, but it's a movie I don't think I'd ever watch except when it's on TV (and really, nothing else is). And I'm talking about a star who is best known for a TV role, so I'm going to go ahead and say it counts.

I've never been much of a Grey's Anatomy fan, but you don't have to be to know that Patrick Dempsey managed to revive a career by portraying "Dr. McDreamy" on the show.



So as I'm watching Made of Honor, they manage to fit in a scene where McDreamy doesn't have a shirt on. It doesn't surprise me that it's in there- I mean, it's a chick flick that was basically designed for women to come gawk at McDreamy- and casual shirtless scenes are a hallmark of most chick flicks these days. (Either that, or Matthew McConaughey has some weird sensory disorder that makes it impossible for him to wear a shirt through an entire movie.)


So it doesn't surprise me that he's shirtless, but what does surprise me...

Picture credit: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/06/11/patrick-dempesy-shirtless/
This is McDreamy? This is the guy that countless women swoon over? He's not terrible or anything, just... average. I just would've guessed he'd have pecs that almost rival the size of my boobs, chest skin that looks a little too perfect and Ken-doll-plastic-y, and abs that look like I should take a (weird) crayon rubbing.

None of those are things I find attractive in the slightest, but it seems that a lot of women love that muscled look. And McDreamy was just rather normal, and it wasn't what I would've expected.

Maybe I'm not the only girl cares a lot more about a gorgeous head of hair than a chiseled chest!


Fun Fact That I Found Out While "Researching" This: Patrick Dempsey auditioned for the role of Dr. Chase in House, M.D. but lost the role to Jesse Spencer.
(See: http://www.people.com/people/patrick_dempsey)

2 comments:

Renee L. said...

"abs that look like I should take a (weird) crayon rubbing" <- made me laugh out loud. That's beautiful.

luckeyfrog said...

Washboard is overused :)