Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Innocents

Note to small business owners:
I don't want to see your kids on your badly shot commercials. I don't think they're cute; I don't find their haltingly delivered line(s) adorable. I don't deem their embarrassed stiffness to be charming or your pathetic attempts at humor enchanting. I don't believe that you are more trustworthy and hometownish because you have the power to procreate.
Also: Balance the freaking white, for crying out loud, or doesn't your clearance bought, "authentic" Koduck video camera have that capability?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't there child labor laws that cover that sort of thing anyway?

Renee L. said...

There are exceptions. And the laws are different for family businesses. And in a case such as this it could be called volunteer work. Besides, there are child actors/singers/artists/musicians so there must be exceptions for them to.

luckeyfrog said...

I have to disagree with this. As a kid I got to be in commercials for my family's business and I don't care how crappy they were, I thought it was THE COOLEST THING EVER that I got to be on TV.

Renee L. said...

I'm sure that as a kid I would have thought it was really cool too, but as an adult it annoys me. *shrug* Just like every University Bookstore commercial I have *ever* seen. :)