Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vespanomics

I feel like I've seen Vespas in about a dozen different commercials recently. Are they now the symbol of trendy young weekend globe-trotters, just out looking for fun and romance in sweet little Italian villages? It seems so. Is this a good thing? Maybe for some. For me (listen up marketing teams) that kind of trend can get annoying fast. Like the fakey, yuppie, hippie wanna-be (emphasis on "wanna-be") kids in the Garnier Fructis commercials. Still not as annoying as the University Bookstore commercials though, which incedently have gotten me to the point where I actually mute the television when I see one coming on. They're that annoying. Well done, University Bookstore, well done.

On another note, a couple weeks ago I caught a marathon showing of LA Ink. Gotta say, it was pretty fascinating. I don't really go for the tatted out guys/girls myself, but the process is interesting, as are the people.

No comments: