Friday, May 7, 2010

Note to Readers: Given the option to reference Arrested Development, I will do it every time.

Oh my goodness. This afternoon, I have seen two ads for a law firm.

Normally, lawyers' ads have a stern guy in a suit, sitting in front of some nice (or possibly fake) bookshelves, and maybe slamming a few large books shut. Normally, law firms are called something like Pretentious Sounding Last Name & Other or Possibly Same Pretentious Sounding Name, Attorneys at Law.

This law firm, though, is a little different (and well-worth the link watch).

Watch TV Spot #4, the first one I saw, or TV Spot #1, which I saw later, to see why. Cracked. Me. Up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In injury lawyers' commercials, whenever the firm's name is mentioned verbally, it will always be by spoken by someone not on-screen. This is because the same commercials are used for many different firms in different areas, and not having any lips to sync with make redubbing that part easier.

Renee L. said...

Wow...just wow.
This made me think of some lady lawyer from my hometown. I don't remember her name, but she was a tiger too, and in her commercials she would talk about how much you need her and then morph into a really bad CG tiger and go and snarl at the bad insurance adjusters/other lawyers/fat men that were supposedly just waiting in the shadows to ruin your life if you gave them half a chance.
They were delightfully awful.