Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surprise!

I just saw Nigel Barker (of America's Next Top Model) on the Project Runway finale.

Obviously these are both fashion shows, and it makes sense that "Nigel Barker, noted fashion photographer"  would attend Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, but it still caught me off-guard because I was watching Top Model earlier tonight.* Little jarring to see someone where you don't expect to see him!

Anyway- does anyone else get weirded out when you see people from one show you watch on another show you watch?

Probably my best recent example of weirding-out-over-a-person-from-one-show-being-on-another is Neil Flynn on The Middle. I've heard good things about the show, but after watching one so-so episode, I can't bring myself to give it another chance. The main reason? I just can't get past Flynn in a new role. Sorry, buddy, but you're always going to be The Janitor to me. The Janitor is a brilliantly hilarious, odd character- and I just can't take you seriously as a regular old nice guy dad who has regular old salt and pepper shakers. And that's probably because I don't want to see you any other way.



*(Yeah, yeah, I'm watching girly TV right now... but it's a night without the fiance! Perfect time to catch up on 'me' shows! Don't worry- my tastes aren't always so stereotypical. Just wait until football season!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was watching the first season of Matlock recently -- don't judge me -- and was surprised to find that on one episode the prosecutor was pre-beard Commander Riker.

luckeyfrog said...

If I judged you for watching Matlock, it would be to make the judgment that you are awesome.

Renee L. said...

Oh yeah, I saw some previews for The Middle and part of me wanted to give it a chance for The Janitor, but I just as much didn't for the same reason.